It looks like we now have enough information to construct a rumors + specifications roundup, with special thanks going out for a few anonymous tipsters, a person by the name ‘HP Fan‘ who has seen an Elitebook 8740w datasheet (!!) and plenty of internet searchers =). First off, a little update about announcement time: a reliable source is “pretty confident” that the Elitebook 8740w will be coming out this month along with other products targeting designers and people who do graphics work (ie DreamColor 2 and new external display panels) – I can see the adrenaline build-up in the crowd already!
And here’s what’s been confirmed about the HP Elitebook 8740w so far (I’ve included links to old/related posts in case you’ve missed them in the past):
- Intel Core i7 720QM 1.6 GHz quad core processor and 820QM 1.73 GHz quad core processor; ‘other’ Core i5 processors
- 4 DDR3 1333 MHz RAM slots for up to 16 GB of total RAM
- ONE hard disk bay with optical drive; removable optical drive doubles as expansion bay
- NEW ATI FirePro M7820 workstation graphics; with 1GB GDDR5 memory
- Choice of new ATI FirePro M7820 graphics above, Nvidia Quadro FX3800M or Nvidia Quadro FX2800M
- 17 inch display (up to full HD); optional full HD DreamColor 2 display (same tech, but obviously different size, as 8540w DC2)
- Full-size keyboard with number pad; partial-chiclet style!
- Selective number of USB 3.0 ports
- Single-touch trackpad with pointing set; 2 sets of 3 mouse buttons
- 7.86 lbs weight AKA 3.57 kg
Oh, the Elitebook 8740w will also be compatible with some sort of new “2010 Advanced WKS Docking Station”… whatever that means, along with other newly launched Elitebooks (except 2540p and 2740p).
Got something to share? Pictures? Info? Post a comment or email me! (Email at the top right of the site’s sidebar!)